One of the most versatile and talented actor of Bollywood, Manoj Bajpai has made a…
Shabana Raza made her Bollywood debut in 1998 with a film named Kareeb. Raza has recently revealed that she was forced to change her name to Neha.
It was the name of her character in her debut movie. She went on to nine more films in different languages including Tamil and Kannada. She went back to be known as Shabana in 2009 as she wasn’t very keen on being called Neha.
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Who Is Shabana Raza? Shabana Raza Wiki Bio
- Raza starred in a 2011 film named Alibaug which was directed by Sanjay Gupta. The film also starred stars such as Ronit Roy, Dia Mirza and Sanjay Dutt. The movie was later shelved reportedly due to the rift between Dutt and the director.
- Her role as Hrithik Roshan’s love interest in the 2000 film Fiza is made her famous.
- The film also starred Manoj Bajpayee, the actor Raza married in 2006. The couple had known each other since the 90s. During an interview in 2008, Shabana Raza had said that she met Bajpayee after her debut film release.
- Talking about the change of her name, Raza had said, “I was always Shabana. I was forced into changing my name too. I was not okay with it at all. My parents proudly named me Shabana.” She said that she didn’t want to change her name but nobody listened to her.
- In her interview with Hindustan Times, Raza talked about taking a step back from films and focus on bringing up her daughter. She said that she is happy being Mrs Manoj Bajpayee.
- Talking about her marriage, she said, “Manoj and I don’t need to socialise or go out to feel happy. We share long evenings of tea, silences and warm vibes right in our house. Nothing gives us more joy than to be together in our house.”
- Manoj Bajpayee when asked about if his wife’s decision to quit the film industry, he said, “I never asked Shabana to quit. It was her decision.” Three years ago he said that he will make a short film in which he will star Shabana.