One of the most versatile and talented actor of Bollywood, Manoj Bajpai has made a…
Milkha Singh Age, Facts, Biography, Wiki, Height, Weight, Wife, Net Worth, Death & More
Milkha Singh is an Indian Athlete, who born at Govindpura; Muzaffargarh city; Punjab Province; British India (now Muzaffargarh District; Pakistan) on 20 November 1929 (according to records in Pakistan)17 October 1935 and 20 November 1935 (other official records of various States), And died on 18 June 2021.
Family – Nirmal Kaur (Wife), Jeev Milkha Singh (Son), Sonia Sanwalka (Daughter), Harjai Singh (Grandson), Malkhan Singh (Brother), Ishvar Singh (Sister)
- October 10 Nirmal Saini’s Birthday (Wife)
- December 15 Jeev Milkha Singh’s Birthday (Son)
|School||A Government School in his Village|
|Debut||Melbourne Olympic Games (1956)|
Records and Awards –
- First, Asian Games, 200m (1958)
- First, Asian Games, 400m (1958)
- First, Commonwealth Games, 440 yards (1958)
- First, Asian Games, 400m (1962)
- First, Asian Games, 4x400m Relay (1962)
- Second, Calcutta National Games, 400m (1964)
- Padma Shri (1959)
- Times of India Sports Awards (2015)
Book – The Race of My Life: The Autobiography of Indian Athlete Milkha Singh, coauthored with daughter Sonia Sanwalka. The Bollywood Movie ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag‘ is based on it. (starrer with Farhan Akhtar, Sonam Kapoor)
Wikipedia – en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkha_Singh
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/milkha60
Interesting Facts & Secrets About Milkha Singh
- He released his autobiography titled, ‘The Race of My Life’ in 2013.
- He sold his biographical movie ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ rights for one rupee and had half of the movie’s profit given to Milkha Singh Charitable Trust.
- He donated all of his medals to the nation, which are on display at Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Milkha Singh also donated a pair of shoes that he had worn during his race at the 1960 Olympics for a charity.
- He adopted a 7-year-old boy of a soldier who died during the Battle of Tiger Hill.
- His wax statue is unveiled at Chandigarh which was created the sculptors of London’s Madame Tussauds in September 2017.